1. You know that a Rancher loves you when you’re sitting in the passenger seat and they asks you if you’d like to get the gate instead of just assuming you will.
2. You know that a Rancher loves you when they are willing to give you the best horse on the place to make sure you’re comfortable. And yet you argue and ride the younger, more spunky one.
3. You know that a Rancher loves you when they comes home from being filthy dirty and remembers to take their coveralls, pants and boots off in the entryway.
4. You know that a Rancher loves you when they comes home with a bouquet of hand tied wildflowers (including the crops *sunflowers and wheat here* instead of store-bought flowers hand-tied.
5. You know that a Rancher loves you when they take the kids out to help with livestock chores (even though it is way more work for them) just to give you 30 minutes of peace and quiet, of which you instead clean the house.
6. You know that a Rancher loves you when you only have to do the night checks every other night!
7. You know that a Rancher loves you when they buy you a brand new spotlight for Valentine’s Day and calving is less than 10 days away (and you are excited about it).
8. You know that a Ranch loves you when….oh hell you have a ring on your finger and you both have made it this far! Give your love a big hug and kiss and go check those heifers!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day from one RancHer to another!
http://moonmaker.com/.well-known/alfacgiapi What a difference 2 years can make. I honestly thought the house fire was the worst thing that might happen to us, and then we were blessed with Quinn who gave us a run for our money. 2 years ago, we lost our house after moving into it just 3 short months prior, and remodeling it a large chunk of it.
We want to thank everyone for the continued support of our family throughout the trials that life has presented, it is honestly the most humbling experience to know you have family, friends, strangers and new acquaintances who are praying and sending you their support to get you through.
Our lives have forever been changed though these battles for the better, we have grown as a family, grown as individuals, and have a true understanding of the meaning of community. We want to take this time to remember and look back at how far we have come in the past 2 years as well as the past 3 months since Quinn decided to call us her Family.