Love of the Rancher Kind
1. You know that a Rancher loves you when you’re sitting in the passenger seat and they asks you if you’d like to get the gate instead of just assuming you will.
2. You know that a Rancher loves you when they are willing to give you the best horse on the place to make sure you’re comfortable. And yet you argue and ride the younger, more spunky one.
3. You know that a Rancher loves you when they comes home from being filthy dirty and remembers to take their coveralls, pants and boots off in the entryway.
4. You know that a Rancher loves you when they comes home with a bouquet of hand tied wildflowers (including the crops *sunflowers and wheat here* instead of store-bought flowers hand-tied.
5. You know that a Rancher loves you when they take the kids out to help with livestock chores (even though it is way more work for them) just to give you 30 minutes of peace and quiet, of which you instead clean the house.
6. You know that a Rancher loves you when you only have to do the night checks every other night!
7. You know that a Rancher loves you when they buy you a brand new spotlight for Valentine’s Day and calving is less than 10 days away (and you are excited about it).
8. You know that a Ranch loves you when….oh hell you have a ring on your finger and you both have made it this far! Give your love a big hug and kiss and go check those heifers!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day from one RancHer to another!
For a family who hasn’t branded cattle on their own ranch in nearly 2 years this was a welcome sight! Some of our good friends needed a few head branded and summered so we said bring them on up!
Here are some highlights from that fun day!
Getting Ready for the Day
We are ready! Irons are hot boys!
First Calf Down
Father and Sons crew branding
Hey guys! What are we doing?!
Working the mama’s! My kids loved this!
Pushing them out to pasture!
Have an amazing Calving and Branding Season!